Friday 27 April 2012

Oh Wow!! Think I've fallen in love with knit weaving!!


Was experimenting with my 965i this morning and found an odd ball of cream aran yarn so thought i would have a go at knit weaving. Not really done this before - I did have a go once with my Knitmaster 700 but it never progressed to anything.

I just chose 2 random patterns from the Stitch World book (PS Loving how if I see a pattern I like its just at the touch of a button and I dont have to sit for hours punching out punchcards getting covered in little plastic circles!) Did the above two patterns and now this has stirred some ideas in my head.

Im thinking of doing a jacket with an orange/rust as the 4ply main yarn and a nice fancy mossy/speckly green as the weaving yarn. Need to look around for some potential yarn candidates but think this could be something nice.

Other news I got my knit leader out to have a look more closely - everything there, and Im chuffed as I have heard you can use dress making patterns with this knit leader (You cant with the KR7 - its not big enough to take the pattern!) Looking forward to trying this out as I find dressmaking patterns look a bit more "modern" than some knitting patterns.

Thats all for now

Phil

2 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I'd quite forgotten about knit weaving! You just inspired me to give it a go! Thanks Phil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would love your new machine. It only gets better, trust me! You'll find the knitting more beautiful than the pictures in stitch world and the machine does it all for us!

    Keep at it my friend!

    ReplyDelete