Thursday, 27 October 2011

Well at least it works!!

Well, I managed to come up with a temporary idea to attach the ribber to the main bed of the 302 - zip ties! They have done the job and the ribber works so im not complaining. I know i should really have the screws but i will just have to make do and try and keep my eye out for some and hopefully will be able to get them one day.

Here is a photo of the machine set up with the ribber...

I had a go at circular knitting, worked fined! Then i transferred over to the main bed and knit a few rows stocking stitch then transferred for a K1P1 rib, although i did drop a stitch in the process - oops! Anyway had a go at the rib and it came out fine.

What do you think? As long as it does 1 x 1 rib and 2 x 2 rib I am not bothered. All i want the ribber for is to do cuffs and welts, and Im not planning on doing any ribbed garments with it. If i do I will use the 700 to do that.

Thats all for now


Knitmaster 302 Ribber - At long last!

Yesterday, the 302 ribber arrived! Well, its actually a 305 ribber, but it will fit on the 302, i think the onl difference is the Knitmaster badge on the front, which is red on the 305 ribber. Everything is there, including lots of old fashioned weights, and all the instruction books. There is even the weaving attachment which i have been after for a while.

The only thing missing is the blasted screws to attach it to the machine - typical! I wont let this beat me though, im sure i can invent something to hold the ribber onto the machine. Just need to think!

I hope to get to try it out soon, having re-vamped the sponge bar!

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Finally a 302 Ribber!

At last I have managed to acquire a 302 ribber! It has come with another 302 machine, but thats fine. I can use the needles for spare, plus theres a few accessories that my other 302 was missing so they are now complete.

It will need a service to get it working, sponge bar etc but thats fine. Cant wait to use it!

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Baby hooded jacket on LK 150

Well, here is my first project knitted on the LK150 - its a baby hoody knitted in James C Brett Magi Knit, for my friends soon to be born grandaughter. Its a self patterning yarn - I love it!

I really enjoyed making this and it knitted up so quick on the 150. I even went to the trouble of making a nice pom pom for the hood and a cord for around the hood.

Hope you like it