Wednesday, 28 September 2011

My "New" Option 4/LK-150

Well, it's arrived! My new to me LK150. I got it out and oh my, its like brand new! Perfectly white, all tools, all combs, manual looked un-creased - it's perfect! It could almost pass as a brand new Silver Reed.

All I had to do was replace the sponge, that had gone, but apart from that it looks like it has not been used much lately. I gave it a wipe to clean it of a bit of dust and fluff, but its a beautiful machine.

I have already seen some patterns to make on it, so raring to get going, although need to choose some yarn.

I will leave you with some photos.

Bye for now


Sunday, 25 September 2011

Knitmaster Option 4

Have just won an auction for a Knitmaster Option 4 - which I believe is the same as the Silver Reed LK150. I have been after a "proper" mid gauge for a while as the HK is only 6mm and not 6.5mm. I have not really used the HK much but I feel the LK150 will get used more.

Cant wait for it to arrive!


Monday, 19 September 2011

LC2 Lace

Having watched Susan's new video using her LC2 lace carriage to knit standard lace and fashion lace, I felt inspired to give it a go. I dont normally use the LC2 as I never really make anything using lace, but it does give some nice effects.

I started with the standard lace and it seemed to go well, but did have the odd stitch that went onto the sinker post, but only on the left of the work.

Here it is:

I then tried a bit of the fashion lace as this is quite tedious. I cant imagine wanting to knit a whole garment in fashion lace as it take an age to do. I suppose it would be nice to make a shawl or scarf or similar.

That is all for now. Tonight I want to get knitting the front to my jumper on the Bond.

Talk to you later


PS Thanks to Susan for the inspiration.

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Raglan sweater finished and new project!

At last the raglan sweater is finally finished having had to extend the length. It just needs another steam to help the stitches set a bit more, but other than that it is DONE!!!

Hope you all like it.

I have also this weekend started my next project on the Bond - finally a jumper for me to wear! It is going to be a saddle shoulder sweater as I have never made one before, so it is quite exciting to see how it turns out. I decided to put a cable design up the sleeves and along the saddle patch.

Here are the sleeves:

Here is a close up of the cable pattern design I chose to use:

I am hoping the sweater turns out really well. Ive also done it slightly larger than I would normally make for myself as I want this to be more of a comfy fit sweater for the winter.

Just the back and front to do now!

Thats all for now

Happy knitting everyone!


Wednesday, 7 September 2011


There was me thinking I had almost finished the sweater - NOT! It was slightly too short so below are some pics showing how i modified it. I practically cut it in two, re-hung the stitches and knitted some more mores, then grafted it back to the other piece.

It was hard work and took a whole evening but well worth it, I certainly wasnt re-knitting the whole thing.

Here are some pics showing what I did:

It doesnt look that noticeable and after I steamed it with my hand steamer the stitches set and the seam is totally invisible now!

Im very proud of myself for doing it and it not going wrong!

Talk to you all later


Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Update and first Bond sweater!

Hey everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while, Ive had other stuff going on and just haven't got round to it.

First of all here are some photos of the blue vest i made weeks ago...

It turned out ok and on the whole I'm pleased with it. Just slightly disappointed with the front bands as they have pulled the fronts up together abit. I suppose this is quite a common problem people have with front bands, and it didn't really help that the yarn was not really the best to work with - it was quite stiff to knit up on the machine and that's why i chose to do it on the mid-gauge machine.

In other news I am now the owner of a Bond/USM machine. At last I finally decided I wanted a go with one, and I have to say I'm impressed. It knits up lovely - quite different to the SK155, and gives a lovely hand knit quality to the fabric. Just got the keep an eye out for an extension as I feel you are quite limited with just the 100 needles. I've got people asking me to make them cardis already on it (Hello Aunty Margaret!!) Anyway I've started making this sweater:

It's knitted in James C Brett Rustic Aran Tweed in shade DAT15, a nice burnt orange colour. Ive knitted all the pieces and sewn it all together apart from the side and arm seams. Just finished the collar tonight.

I love mattress stitching raglan seams - look how neat they are!

That's all for now. Will post a pic of the finished sweater soon. I have already planned my next project - to be knitted in grey aran on the Bond. A saddle shoulder sweater with cables on the sleeves going up and over the the saddle flap. I think it will turn out really well.

Catch you all later